So last night, I made brown rice with sauted red pepper, carrots, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and celery. I added a bit of soy sauce to the veggies, then mixed it with the rice. On the side I made fresh green beans, also sauted. Yes...sauted...meaning un-raw..but that only means I cooked out some of the vitamins..ok MOST..but there was no butter, cream, milk, eggs, chicken, beef, preservatives, ect and I felt GOOD giving that to the girls for dinner. My thought process is, as long as I make sure they are getting plenty of raw food in their diets even if it's just through juice and smoothies (ONLY veggies and fruit, no sugar, milk, ect) then they are getting their vitamins and I can justify cooking for them a few nights a week. Plus, I know for a fact there's not that many kids that even come close to getting the amt of vitamins they should ever day. So I'm already ahead of the game.
My raw goals this week:
- Make sure green veggies make their way into every meal/smoothie/juice
- Stock up on Kale, Chard, Spinach
- Send the girls with lunch from home
- Have to get up early~another goal
- Post in my blog EVERY day
- Visit Raw Food Rehab at least once a day
- Keep a record of what I eat
- Drink 80 ounces of water a day
I think that's a pretty good list...I'm sure I'll be adding more soon.